Facts On Pkk Terror Attacks
PKK TERROR ATTACKS
Recent PKK Terror Attacks:
- The PKK (Kurdistan Workers Party) is a terrorist organization
that has killed tens of thousands of innocent people. The United States (Sec. 219 Immigration and Nationality Act), the European Union (Common pos. 2001/931/CFSP), NATO, and other international actors formally identify it as a terrorist organization.
- In the last two months, the PKK has reignited its terrorist campaign against Turkish civilians and the Turkish state.
As of September 29, the PKK has killed 130 security personnel and 43 civilians, injured 824 people (536 security personnel and 288 civilians) and kidnapped 39 people (7 security personnel and 32 civilians). The PKK also attacked gas and oil pipelines, including one transporting oil from Iraqi Kurdish region to Turkey. They have targeted infrastructure; dams, railways, trains, vehicles, and construction machines.
- On September 6, 2015, in Yuksekova/Hakkari and on September 8, 2015, in Igdır, two terrorist attacks from the PKK resulted in the killing of 16 and 13 security personnel respectively.
- All segments of society have participated in a recent wave of protests across Turkey, condemning the deadly escalation of PKK attacks.
Turkey’s Narrowly Targeted Response:
- Turkish security operations against the PKK are narrowly targeted. They do not seek to harm Turkish citizens of Kurdish ethnicity. Turkey does not attack “the Kurds” as claimed by various sources. Turkey only targets PKK camps and bases.
- PKKterrorist attacks are coordinated from a PKK safe haven in the Qandil area of Northern Iraq.Operations targeting the PKK presence in Northern Iraq and within Turkey, are designed to protect Turkey’s security and stability.
- The ongoing misinformation campaign by the PKK and its sympathizers ought not undermine Turkey's standing as a reliable partner in counter-terrorism efforts against terrorist organizations, including DAESH, PKK and DHKP/C.
- The PKK also tries to give the impression that Turkey has opted for military operations instead of continuing the peace process. This is false. It was the PKK’s terrorist attacks that have hampered the peace process.
- Turkey and the United States, as strong and close allies, are actively cooperating in combating terrorism in all of its forms and manifestations worldwide.
- Turkey carries out air operations against DAESH in Iraq and Syria and allows the use of Incirlik Airbase for International Coalition air operations including those conducted by the United States. This is but one example of our determination to fight the scourge of terrorism and all terrorist organizations, without discrimination.
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 18:00
Consular Section Reception Hours: 9.30 am-1 pm
|1/1/2019||New Year's Day|
|1/21/2019||Martin Luther King Jr. Day|
|6/4/2019||Ramazan Bayramı 1. gün.|
|10/29/2019||Turkish Independence Day|
|1/1/2020||New Year's Day|
+ 90 312 292 29 29